Going to re-energize and do more posting to keep accountable - this is how I am going to cope with the heartbreaking change of events.
I honestly feel very worried, but I will not let it get the best of me. The upcoming horizon looks dark so I need to just keep focused, it reinforces my determination. My focus will be zero waste, backing the issues and programs I believe in, positive energy, and lots of love.
Kids back in school and lots of lunch and snack making.
Sone of my efforts lately:
- making cookies as snacks
- hanging out most of the laundry except for really wet humid days lately, but I think only one load so far this month went to the dryer.
- eating out way too much, but bringing my reusable containers for leftovers so no trash at least to bring home.
- trying desperately not to purchase anything new for the next few months, hopefully Christmas I will find lots of 'experience' gifts to give away so I can keep not buying more stuff. I have not been good about not purchasing during summer months.
- Got a Bidgely Home detector installed free from Blue Planet as a pilot program. It detects and gives you the exact amount of electricity your home is using and what is using it. It really does work and it makes you rethink about wasting electricity on that dryer load or overcooking your food- I turn stuff off as soon as I possibly can. Drives the family nuts :)
- Vegan sweet potato curry for dinner- zero waste, low energy made in crockpot.